Friday, May 21, 2010

Decorative Ceilings, Marvelous Ceilings of Art

One of the things that amazed me in Rome is the presence of very old wonderful structures, the basilicas. These basilicas caught my attention, my curiosity and my undying appreciation.

Rome is a place of grandeur. What will surely catch your eyes are the mind-boggling beauty of the ceilings of the basilicas.

Looking up high at the ceilings (which may result to stiff neck, if done for hours for the different buildings), I just can't help but marvel at the detailed works of art. How could that be done high up there? How long did the artist take to complete the job? How were these preserved? How much of these are restored work?

Look at all those gold carvings. What does the designs mean? Surely these art masterpieces have their own stories to tell. Wonderful, just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment