Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cold Weather Survival

Espana . . . What do I know about Spain? Hmmm.

I know a teeny weeny bit of Spanish words . . . "Buenas diaz, buenas tardes, buenas noches," "gracias," denada". I used to memorize Patria Adorada way back in high school.

From my mom, I got to be familiar with Spanish fans and Spanish sardines.

Now, I got to land my feet on Spanish land. Brrrrrr . . . Burgos, 'twas freezing there.

Golly wow, what do you do on a super cold night? Just stand there and smile, I guess. At least, if you freeze, you have a smile on your face.

Man, it was so so so cold. We were all wrapped up and one big guy came over beside us with a big grin, just to tease us. He said "No frio, normal." He then left us still in a half-smile, really amused at the sight of us, half-frozen, half-a-dozen shivering gals.

We had a great night walk to the park, appreciating the beauty of Spain. We even went to a then empty children's playground and goofed around.

Brrrrrr, cold but fun. Freezing out with warm friends. Unforgettable moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment