Sunday, October 4, 2009

Europe Travel Trips, Travel Preparation

I promise to pack light, though it's going to be cold there.

I selected appropriate clothing. Got no good long-sleeved shirts available so I picked-out a light sweater, a vest, one heavy long jacket and a muffler. Mittens and a cap are suggested but I don't want to buy for now. I decided to use a pair of comfortable, black shoes, semi-formal but good and study for long walks. I'll bringing an extra pair of informal shoes and slippers as well.

Bought the adapters that are used for electrical outlets in Europe, the ones with rounded pins. I also checked my battery chargers, my cellphones, one of which I use as a camera, and my video recorder. Got myself a SIM card with roaming services to be able to contact people at home as I visit four countries (Portugal, Spain, France and Italy).

Got my suitcase out of the closet plus a big bag for me to use as a hand carry luggage then attached distinguishing ribbons and name tags (with my address and contact numbers). I bought a small carry-all/ expanded-organizer thingy shoulder bag from "Seen-On-TV" Shopping, convenient in keeping my passport, airline ticket, wallet, keys, hairbrush, reading glasses, sun glasses, tissue, hand sanitizer, pen, small notebook, make-up and other ladies' necessities (which are little things but kinda numerous). I did not forget toiletries and my contact-lenses case and solutions.

I am really getting mixed emotions right now. Half a month of not seeing my family (and my dogs) sounds alien to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment